EUNIC Brussels supports the Piccolingo Campaign.
EUNIC in Brussels is strongly supporting the campaign of the European Union to develop foreign language awareness and skills in children of pre-school age!!
The campaign is aimed in particular at parents, and seeks to raise awareness about the fact that young children who start learning languages at a very early age will, as they grow older, confidently approach foreign languages and cultures.
Through the Piccolingo campaign, many parents will realise that learning languages before starting school is beneficial because their children will:
- Find communication easier
- Learn and memorise through play - good preparation for school
- Learn to be open-minded
- Feel at home in any country
- Increase their chances of finding a job
- Find foreign cultures alluring rather than threatening
- Appreciate their own culture
"Piccolingo in action" contains activities that could be carried out in your community like a child welfare association organising conferences on early language learning in a civic centre or a local cultural association organising a multilingual storytelling event in a public library!
Join the campaign!!!
If Your organisation:
- Deals with young children and their families, is active in the field of cultural promotion, preschool education, language learning, social integration etc.
- Is convinced that learning foreign languages before starting school is good for children.
- Is interested in helping to spread information about this topic, share its know-how and working methods with other organisations
Through the Piccolingo campaign, you can:
-Promote your initiatives and actions
-Present your organisation or network in a European directory
-Share and enrich your practices, resources and testimonials
For more information please visit: